Sometimes, while preparing a case, it becomes important for a client to bring a document to the lawyer to help prove a point. Documents include tax returns, various applications, certificates, old court pleadings, accounting records, letters and many other things. The documents need to be in good condition and hopefully, be originals. Which brings us to the advice:
- Make a copy and write your notes on the copy.
- Scan the document and make a PDF. Then print the document and put your comments on that copy.
- Use a sticky note for your comments.
- Just make notes on a separate page.
- Use self restraint. Don't write comments. Just tell your comments to your attorney.