Friday, April 2, 2010

Did You Notify the State Case Registry?

An often-overlooked part of a Texas divorce decree or other order involving children is a brief requirement, usually close to the end of the order, that the parties keep the State Case Registry apprised of their current:

home, mailing and work addresses,
the name of their employer,
home and work phone numbers, and
driver's license number.

All of that information should be sent to the following address:

State Case Registry
Contract Services Section
MC 046S
P.O. Box 12017
Austin, Texas 78711-2017

Plus, the information should also be sent immediately to the other parties in the case and to the Court. You can usually send the Court's information to the Clerk of the Court.

Any time there is a change in any of the listed information, the updated information should be sent to the Registry, the other parties and the Court.

If you have questions about whether to send in changes in the listed information, you can contact your attorney or you can just send the information.


Anonymous said...

Thank you for your help!

Anonymous said...

I cant get my lawyer to give me much of anything. I need to update my address. Who and where do i need to send my new info.

Anonymous said...

If one party refuses to report the change to the court or other party and the case involves a child, is there any way to report this to the courts and have it enforced?

Anonymous said...

My case in Texas n I live out of state and my I found out my x got married n didn't let me know n I'm sure didn't report anything to you guys either can she get in trouble if I take her to court? For also not giving me her address n phone number? Iam paying my child support.

Dick Price said...

For case specific questions and comments, I cannot respond. I do not give legal advice to someone I don't represent. However, I always recommend that you contact your own attorney who can review the paperwork and who is familiar with the facts of your case. If you have concerns, please contact an attorney right away so you can get help.

Unknown said...

Is there a certain form to use and if so where do I get one?

Dick Price said...

Jessica, generally, there's no form. You just provide the required information, and a letter is often sufficient. It's a good idea to send notices to the State Registry and to your local District Clerk. If you have questions for your specific situation, it would be best to have a brief consultation with a local attorney who can answer questions and advise you.

Anonymous said...

Do you have to use a specific form or can it be in the format of a standard letter?

Anonymous said...

Yes, if you read the court has a section titled statutory warnings. It states that if the changes are not submitted in due time the other party may be fined or sent to jail for not following what is mandated.